Native Tissue Trends and Techniques for Uterine Sparing Prolapse Surgery
Thursday, September 26 | 11:15 am - 12:15 pm
Speakers: Renée Detollenaere, MD, PhD (Netherlands); Kirsten Kluivers, MD, PhD (Netherlands); Kate Meriwether, MD (United States); Matteo Frigerio, MD (Italy)
In this session different types of native tissue uterine preserving procedures, including Sacrospinous Hysteropexy, Uterosacral Hysteropexy, and Manchester, will be discussed.
- What do women want: which surgical treatment do women prefer when uterine prolapse needs correction?
- What do doctors do: what are the most common performed uterine preserving procedures and is there a trend towards more uterine preserving surgery?
- What should we do: what is known from literature about these techniques? Are the outcomes comparable to other techniques like mesh-augmented repair or hysterectomy?
Beyond Surgery... What We All Need to Know About the Transgender Patient
Thursday, September 26 | 3:30 pm - 4:30 pm
Speakers: Cecile Ferrando, MD, MPH (United States); Ervin Kocjancic, MD (United States); Annette Kuhn (Switzerland); Dmitry Nikolavsky, MD (United States)
This panel will address the history and development of transgender care and the current trends in care as it relates to academic medicine. It will cover the importance of the multidisciplinary team in caring for transgender patients and quality of life as it relates to transition care, integrating transgender surgery into your practice and the less glamorous side of transgender surgery.
- Understand the history and development of transgender care
- Review current trends in care as it relates to academic medicine
- Understand the importance of the multidisciplinary team as it relates to transition care for transgender patients
- Describe the transition process for patients and provide an overview of the role of the World Professional Association for Transgender Health
- Present data on quality of life outcomes for patients seeking transition care
Midurethral Sling - Pursuing Evidence-Based Practice in the World of Litigation and Regulation
Friday, September 27 | 11:15 am - 12:15 pm
Speakers: Bernadette Brown, MBCHB, FRANZCOG (Australia); Jonathan Duckett, MD, FRCOG (United Kingdom); Charles Rardin, MD, FACOG, FACS (United States); Karl Tamussino, MD, FACS (Austria)
Under the Microscope - Aetiology of OAB
Saturday, September 28 | 10:00 am - 11:00 am
Speakers: Tamara Bavendam, MD (United States); Rufus Cartwright, MD, MRCOG (United Kingdom); Vik Khullar, MD, FRCOG, BSc, AKC, MBBS (United Kingdom); Nazema Siddiqui, MD, MHSc (United States)